Friday 6 December 2013

Jam School Guelph


  



I got into drumming in Gr 10 at College Heights High School Guelph.  Mr Curly introduced me to the drums, and then I just took it from there.Drums can cost between $200 and $1,000 , and there are two types of drum kits. One is the acoustic drum kit and the other is the electric drum kit.   The electric drum kit can make more sounds than an acoustic kit.  The best way to start playing drums Is to take lessons at a beginner level.  If you are are looking for a place to take lessons a good place is Jam School Guelph.   They charge $20 for 30 min of lessons or for 4 lessons a month it is $80.  Jam School is on 201 Alice St Guelph  or 930 Woodlawn Road West Guelph.  My drum teacher is John Vella.  He is very good and understanding what you can play like.   He would be good for beginners and advanced drummers too. To visit the school go to www.Jamschool.com  


6 comments:

  1. Wow, great article. What type of music do you like to listen to? What type of music do you play? Are you in a band? I don't know how to play any musical instruments but in high school I played the flute for a few weeks. Did you know that Jay use to be in a band and that he can play a guitar and sing! keep up the good work! Are you going to learn how to play another instrument?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea thanks for commenting on my blog. No I am not in a band right now, I hope to be in a band some day. I love to listen to country music a lot. It is my favourite music. I play the drums and i love it. I tried to play guitar and i did not like it as munch as the drums. I can teach you how to play the drums step by step if you want? Nice hearing from you.

    David P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David, I am Jessica's Mom. She goes on Tuesdays and Thursday. I really like your blog. Jessicas brother had a set of drums in high school. They were Pearl Drums. They were really loud. Lucky we lived out in the country. Once when Jessicas brother and his band were practicing they let me fill in for the drummer who was late. I wasn't very good I must admit....but it sure was exciting. I love country music as well. I love the Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban. Did you see Taylor Swift on the Grammies? Did you think she did a great job on The Grammies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear from you. Jessica is a nice girl, I met her at the dance. Sorry to say I have recently quit drumming because I found it to costly. No I did not watch the grammies and I am not a fan of Taylor Swift. Have a nice day!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  5. the beetles lasted more then just ten years ( 12 years actually 1958-1970 )
    besides that everything was fairly accrete.
    P.S.
    my parents gave me a signed copy of John Lennon & Yoko Onos double fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  6. the history of rock music:the beatles,the rolling stones,black sabbath,queen,ac/dc,metallica,iron maiden,and kiss

    ReplyDelete